Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fine Arts Show: Leesburg, Florida

Hawthorne Park Fine Arts Show (Leesburg, FL)  Feb 24, 2013

I am finally getting to the end of my two-year term as chairman of the Fine Arts group here in my retirement park.  It's really a great park and has so much to offer!  The arts is really valued here and that is one of the reasons I was drawn here!  

The show mainly features original art in all mediums... but there are always 3 special tables.  This year one of them was dedicated to Zentangles. I am standing in front of the tables.  

 The "reception" is from 1-4 in the great hall and we had I think well over 300 people...maybe more.  People came and went all afternoon.  Violins/pianos played in the background, punch and cookies were served, and people chatted and enjoyed and discussed the art.  It is not a judged show...just a display of great talent.  One section is set aside for photography as well.  

A delightful and successful tribute to art here in Central Florida among the seniors.  (But it is nice to have it finished with too.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment