Friday, February 22, 2013

Zentangle Varieties

Neuron, IX, Jalousie, Jilli, Jester

Following a theme of finding unusual strings...this Zentangle tile is made up of the numbers one, two and three.  
Quandary, Paushalov,Paradox, Bubble Bobble Blup, Germie, Palrevo
From time to time I like to add a tad bit of color.  Black and white is still the most elegant of tangles to my mind.  This one has a bit of watercolor added AFTER the tangle. The tangle at the end has the watercolor FIRST. 

Mooka (v)
This tangle has no string. I've always had issues with Mooka...it never comes out just the way I hope it will.  I figure I need practice.  So I keep trying.  

Tripoli (v), Float Fest (v) (black and white)

in color

I kind of had an out of body experience with this one!  Hahaha.  I had not done Tripoli in a long time and I decided to enlarge it...when you enlarge some tangle patterns they become a different animal altogether.  I didn't actually do a string on this one either.  I like working over watercolor randomly placed.  Rather than "painting inside the lines".  Seems fresher to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment