Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Space of One's Own



My little north woods studio has taken years to evolve.  It's still NOT on the art tour (hahaha).  

But it is MY space and has evolved for what I like to do which is watercolor, acrylic and mixed media work.  

First it was a just a corner.  
Then hubby put in a picture window...ah...natural light and a view of the lake and forest.  
Then came a ceiling fan...ahhhhh.
Then I got walls and a door!  Well, that seems a sensible next step.  
The some old but functional carpeting.
Then an actual enclosed ceiling...now I can heat it!
Then this season, the back shelving went in in the second picture...a place for framing, matting, and art work in safe spot.  No more stacking things up!! And more space for working in acrylic and mixed media so that I do not have to put one thing away before I start another!  



2 comments:

  1. Very nice to see the progress with your work space at the cabin; in fact, it's been amazing to see how the entire operation there has been improved over the years. You are so lucky that Greg is such a project maven!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo lovely! I'm still hoping for a main floor space 'next time' we move. :)

    ReplyDelete