Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lakeland Gallery at the Great Northern Cafe in Minocqua

Minocqua Brewery (two pieces acrylic) and Thirsty Whale (acrylic)

The Great Northern Cafe in Minocqua is adjacent to the US post office.  On the street facing the parking lot.  You will see "Lakeland Art Gallery" sign in the window of the cafe.  

They serve a delightful lunch with neat unusual sandwiches and unusual teas etc.  Fun place for breakfast and lunch.  In the back area of the restaurant you can sit in "our gallery" area and look at great local art or even buy great local art.

While hanging the show, we sold one piece before it even got hung!  My two little pieces here are en plein air pieces I did of local business (both restaurants) that are well known tourist spots.  So I thought I'd give it a shot to sell them.  

Today (Thursday) is sunny and cool with a forecast of about 80.  So I am off to my outdoor painters. Am late. Gotta go.

1 comment: