Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sketch of Torpy Park Craft Fair

Craft Fair: Torpy Park Sketch 5.5 x 8"
It turned out to be a lovely day.  I would not have given you a nickel for the weather at 7 am on Saturday.  But oh ye of little faith!  It blew off and was warm and breezy.  The tent craft show in the park in Torpy Park had great weather after all.  Participants told me that the crowds they had hoped for didn't show. And sales were "moderate".  Which everyone says is partly the economy and partly that there are tons of craft shows in the summer.  


We were there from 2-3 just before they started close up.  It was a nice selection of things from soap to candles to jewelry to pottery to children's toys, to north wood furniture, etc.  The "fine art" that I pictured in yesterday's blog was held indoors and about 3 blocks from the outdoor show.  That show ended at 3 pm also. 

Today I will be dropping off 3 pieces for the Manitowish, WI Art Show.  That opens with a "Patron's Night" on Wednesday for the artists/guests and for those who have given $ to support scholarships.  It is a catered affair with live music and very fun.  I think I heard Jane say we have 95 artists and 240 pieces of art!  (I am glad I am not on the arranging committee!)  I do have three brand new pieces in this show.  As my blog followers they won't be new to you.   But I will make you look at them in this nice new setting anyway!  Hahaha.

Show hours to the public are Thursday-Sat 9-8 and Sunday 9-2:00.  Take Hwy 51 to Manitowish and the Community Center is next to the library on the left side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment