Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sketching on the Fourth of July weekend...

"Waiting For the Fourth of July Parade"
5.5 x 8
(Clothesline Alphabet from Hand Lettering by Marci Donley & DeAnn Singh)
Lettering in Derwent Inktense Pencil: Sun Yellow, Teal Green, Fuchsia

"Time to Bail the Boat" 5.5 x 8
Winsor Newton Pan Watercolors (Field Box)
Water-filled pen
#02 Micron Pen
"Bungalow Alphabet"

I have been using that old "field box" by Winsor Newton for YEARS and years.  It has it's own little water bottle & travel brush but this time I just brought along a water brush which is pre-filled with water. I did the little truck sketch in a folding chair while sitting and waiting for the parade to start in Lac du Flambeau!  

I did the second sketch down at our deck on the lakefront the next morning after hubby and I had our walk.  I take my coffee down (he takes his Suduko puzzle) and we sit about half an hour and just take in the beauty of the morning.  I am reminded of how many times I have been told you don't have to walk around a lot looking for subjects to sketch...they are everywhere!  

We have had gorgeous weather the 4th and 5th of July in northern Wisconsin!  What a nice break after a miserable June!  We may get one more day of this paradise and then they say rain on Sunday afternoon.  But I think we can safely say that summer has come.  



No comments:

Post a Comment