Saturday, January 12, 2013

30 Day Challenge Day 11: The Dream


Sometimes you actually have most of a day to paint.  That sure doesn't happen often to me.  But today I tackled a 16 x 20 canvas in acrylic.  The photo reference is of an old house we came across in Leesburg, Fl while we were out to a garage sale next door to it.  I think this was earlier this fall.    

I loved that the house had so much darling gingerbread and looked like at some point someone had such great plans for this house.  But right now it is derelict...lost and lonely and empty.  Someone's dream has been lost.  (Actually, I haven't painted the gingerbread trim yet.)  That may have to wait to tomorrow.  I plan to put a tall thin palm in the background too to place it in a tropical setting.

  

2 comments:

  1. Ginny - this beautiful painting caught my eye before I even realized it was yours! I love it - It has such "curb" appeal. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the big projet. I really enjoy seeing this piece. What a great house.

    ReplyDelete