Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Organizing the studio....

My Floida studio (divided from my Florida room by a folding screen) is a sunny corner with lots of windows.  A very pleasant place to paint.
I've taken Leslie's admonition to "organize" and "prepare" for the 30 day challenge ahead seriously.  I spent most of New Year's day morning (in my sunny Fl studio) sorting through odds and ends and counting out my paper/sketchbooks and canvases so that I don't have to think about supports during the month.  (note in the corner studio I have opted NOT to use that entrance to the house.  It's a very pretty glass door but I need the space!).  

Since I am a multi-media person I have decided to do about 10 acrylics, about 10 watercolors, and about 10 graphite sketches and/or Zentangles®. 

I've given serious thought to the subject matter.  I am leaning toward still life/floral but have also gathered up some of my favorite photographic references so I can allow my mood to dictate the direction a little.  We are having a beautiful spell of near 80 degree weather in central Florida which may draw me outside too.  Lots of options.

It was fun to see U of WI marching and playing in the Rose Bowl parade this morning.  GO Wisconsin.  The game is later this afternoon. You can see who I am rooting for!  

No comments:

Post a Comment