Friday, January 18, 2013

30 Day Challenge Day 17: Valentines

Gingham, Rosé, Heart-rope, Crescent Moon, Poke root (variation) Striping, Laces

This is a directly creative plagiarism of Margaret Bremner's Valentines in her blog post.  Click here for that.  She is so amazing, of course.

I did try out the tangle called Rosé for the first time as I had not used that tangle before.  But I added Heart-rope myself  and re-arranged things differently. Still, it was her inspiration.  AND it is time to start thinking Valentines too!  I did this on a 5 x 7" note card from Cheap Joe's Goof Proof Card set.  

Margaret used red Micron pens in her tangles.  Since I do not have any red pens...my red was added with Inktense WC pencils and then I used a tiny watercolor brush to wet the color and make it permanent.  The cool thing about Inktense is that the  wc pencil turns into a sort of acrylic when you wet it. Completely permanent.   

Believe me I won't spend this amount of time on all my Valentines!!!!  This one is special for my hubby.  But I am inspired to try some simpler ones now for the grandchildren!  


No comments:

Post a Comment