Thursday, January 3, 2013

30 Paintings Challenge Day Two

Tee Shirt Zentangle®

Cubine, Coaster, Striping, W2, Featherfall, Hollibaugh, Paradox, Hibred, Auraknot, IX, Laces

Well, a trip to Joann's fabric/hobby shop yesterday led me to this Day two art work.  You knew there would be tangles in this challenge, right?

They had a lot of post season sales and two things were tee shirts 4 for $10...very nice quality and fabric pens. Actually the pen is called "Tee Juice fine point fabric art marker."  Supposed to be washable and dry cleanable.  I did not find any white adult Tee Shirts in "large" so I ended up with a pretty bright yellow.

I did do light pencil strings but they were a little hard to see...but helpful.  And I did not plan anything in true Zentangle style but just picked some of my favorite tangle patterns and "had a go at it".

Another idea would be to trace on a simple recognizable shape like a bird or or tree and then tangle inside it.  If you made it as a gift it could be initials, etc.  For shading a simply used the pen itself and made tiny light lines where I wanted it to look shaded.  This took me about an hour.

I am very excited looking at the other samples of day one.  All different approaches.  Some people attacked a fairly large & complicated piece but that was just if they happened to have an "open day" to paint.  If you just have an hour or so to give to the project then you need to enter something much simpler and smaller.    

The 30 day challenge is one of my "blogs I follow" now off to the right side and so you can click on it and scroll down to see what people have posted from day 1 or soon day 2 will be up.

Great weather in central Florida on Wed and we are now looking at a little cool down into the 70s and maybe a little much-needed rain.  Warming up again next week.  Back in WI where we summer it is 16 degrees this morning!  Yikes.    

7 comments:

  1. WOW... you did this in an hour? Maybe I need to change my medium; I could use some of those pens and do little designs over the paint I got on my shirt yesterday while painting some clementines... bright orange oil paint doesn't come out well in the wash. Your art is lovely. I scrolled down to see your clementines and that beautiful, well organized studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Ginny,I'll have to look for that pen..I very recently purchased one there call Pentel gel roller for fabrics, but not very fine point.
    Happy NEw Year! BJ
    p.s. Ginny you might want to think about getting rid of your word verification.. I don't know if I mentioned it before , but it's very hard to read, and really pretty useless.
    I found that most people don't comment when they see it.
    ok Byeee ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to see this. I started making very patterned paintings and when I was dropping some off at a gallery the woman asked when I started zentangles. I had never heard of them so I quickly checked on my iphone and realized I was quasi zentangling. This is a beautiful pattern. I look forward to seeing more of you work on Leslie Saeta's site. I am hoping I can loosen up to actually get 30 paintings done as mine typically take about 16-20 hours to do....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creativity with this, and the results are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are enjoying my "tangles".
    I will be posting some again on Day 4 as I have a project just getting started.
    These Zentangles® on objects are called ZIAs or Zentangle Inspired Art.

    When I work on paper, I use a Micron Pigma .01 size on Canson Montval WC 140# paper.
    When I am on some other surface I have to adapt to what works best.
    Thanks again for dropping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the shirt idea! Like your painting too! What a great way to get to see different work! Great month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the zentangle shirt! Looking forward to seeing day 4.

    ReplyDelete