Wednesday, January 9, 2013

30 Day Challenge Day 8



Day 8 was one of those extraordinary beautiful days in central Florida (about 15 degrees above our normal temp in mid January!).  So 83!  

My neighbor's garden is just such a pleasure to paint in.  Here we can plant our poinsettias right out doors and they thrive! And I love he has lots of interesting pots and beautiful colors.  

So after my hubby and I had lunch out in the adirondack chairs under our umbrella I gathered up my painting supplies.  I took my folding chair and wc and pens and my umbrella and spent a happy hour here.  As I worked the shade moved in across the painting.  In the background you can see our little Serenity Lake (more of a large pond) around which our group of homes is built.  

You will see the ink sketch I did first posted second.
And a photo of the scene I was looking at.  This is small 5" x 8" in my Moleskin sketchbook.  




2 comments: