Monday, January 7, 2013

30 Day Painting Challenge Day 6

They say that anything that stands still long enough can be tangled.  This certainly goes to prove it!!!

I expected to put Zentangle® designs on the whole front of the cart but decided to hold it down to a small section for now.  Partly due to time.  Partly due to experimentation.  I did these with Sharpie Fine point ink pens.  (not PAINT pens.)  This is usually not recommended for anything out of doors.  Ink tends to fade after awhile.  

But I decided just to experiment with it first.  I can always go back over it in paint pen later.  And I will watch this section to see how it "weathers".  I did spray it with a light coat of clear mat acrylic spray.

I did also do some "shading" on the tangle using mat medium with a tiny bit of black acrylic paint making it a transparent gray.  (Just like the coffee pot.)  This took me about 1.5 hours to do.  

I found the working position to be difficult as in "real" Zentangle® you can move the paper tile around to get at the angle you work most comfortably.  Obviously not an option here.  I have seen photos of whole sides of cars that have tangles on them...as well as walls.  So it can be done with patience and care.  You have to work at it in small time frames.  




No comments:

Post a Comment