Tuesday, January 8, 2013

30 Day Challenge Day 7

Again a little "indoor en plein air" as I call it...where I am not in the studio but somewhere else in the house with my little travel bag.  I wonder if I am the first one in the challenge to make some art and then paint a picture of the art I just made?  Is that cheating?  :-)

I put the coffeepot that I just did a Zentangle® on a few days ago into a still life!  I did this little watercolor and ink sketch out on the Florida room on the glass table which gave the challenge of trying to infer the transparent glass.  I have a lovely poinsettia left from the holidays that I wanted to put into one of my sketches.  

I wanted a cup in the painting and made the mistake (a beginner mistake, what was I thinking?) of leaving it "tangent" to the pot instead of slightly in front.  Blah!  Oh well.  It's just a sketch.  I will remember next time.  Again this is in my Strathmore wet media 90# 9 x 12 sketchbook.  

Afterwards I went to Brenda Swenson's blog and asked her if she does her ink sketch first and then wc or the reverse.  (In this one I did ink last.)  But she has encouraged me to do the ink first (no pencil) and then add color.  Her recent wc and ink sketches done in person at the Rose Bowl are off to the right side of my blog.  She is amazing!!!  I am taking a class from her at Dillman's in Wisconsin in June.  Can't wait!!!
If you want to find a workshop in almost any medium with top quality artists google "Dillmans Resort" and see what they offer.  How lucky I am so close!!!  

We will be 82 here in central Florida today...I WILL be en plein air now!!!  Oh yippee.  


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I make jewelry and you've got me thinking maybe I should paint something I've made. Great idea! :)

    Love the zentangles, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Ginny - you have been so creative with your choices for this 30 days project. The golf cart is absolutely the "cat's Pajamas!"

    ReplyDelete