Thursday, January 15, 2015

Snowflake stenciling

5 x 8 journal page 
Prompt #3
There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique." Martha Graham.

The prompt for our journal page this week had many parts to it, starting with how to fold and cut a snowflake.  It included lots of idea about how to use the snowflake but the main idea was that they are unique and so are we.  

The snowflake idea was further personalized in that we had to try to incorporate our initials into the cutting of the flake. Whoa!  My initials are "V" and "S".  Thus the "V"s around the outside edges.  The cut s did not show up so well so I drew them in later with a jellyroll pen.

I painted my page with black acrylic paint. While that dried, I pressed the snowflake with an iron and then I sprayed the page with White Linen Dylusions spray ink using the snowflake for a stencil.  Then I put some subtle tangles in the flake image and printed on the words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment