Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Power of One: a Collage

"The Power of One"
12 x 12 on 300# Arches wc paper
Collage: paper, ink, acrylics

I am spending some time on a rainy Saturday afternoon exploring some of the different compositional ideas I learned in the Gerald Brommer workshop last April.  He calls this composition idea "opposing forces". 

I thought as I composed it, "if you can't move a mountain, move a grain of sand."  I think that is a song title.   

It is also a good time to experiment with using some of my Gelli prints to show to the class participants (in August).  See side bar for info on that.

We have had dark skies and lots of rain all day here in the north woods.  So disappointing for folks who only have weekends and also for folks who offer local events on the weekends.  The only good news is that shop owners in Minocqua always do better on rainy weekends!  Makes perfect sense.

Got the news today that I got an honorable mention at the Art in the Garden exhibit at Howard Young on Thursday night.  I was not able to be there, but am very excited about that.  I have not taken awards there before!  I'll post that painting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment