Sunday, September 23, 2012

Auraknot in two formats

 So these two Zentangle examples are both done on Strathmore note card paper.  So larger than the 3.5" again.

Even though this first one "appears" to be two Zentangles, it is just a faux thing...I drew them both on one card "as if" there were two, shading slightly to pull them off the paper. One with a border and one without.   

Anyway the first Auraknot is the star-shape in the center (woven looking).  I traced the outside star shape to get the outside pretty even and spent time making the lines carefully.  I forgot to write down all the names of the patterns this time.  Sorry. W2 (Warp & Weft) is in the top left hand corner and I see Verve on there and Koryl is the round shapes on the dark background.  Also there is "Corner Box" on the right side and Paradox on the left.  The cool pattern just under the star is nameless...I saw it somewhere but have not found the name of it yet.  

This second card is a "wonky" Auraknot shape drawn really loosely and with the star points all different.  In this version I wanted to show a completely different "personality" to the same tangle pattern!  I used "Footlites" between the star shapes.  So this is really just two tangle patterns.  With a bright yellow colored pencil (Inktense) on the outside ribbon.  

There are countless ways to do Auraknot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment