Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stool Top Ideas

I think I mentioned before that one of my CRAZY plans is to Zentangle my kitchen cupboards down in FLorida this winter.

NOT the all doors but rather a sort of "river" of Zentangles sweeping across the kitchen on the upper cupboards only.  The color scheme is black, white and touches of red.  

So now I am looking at all the "paint" markers (not ink markers).  There are a huge number of different ones!  Last week I picked up a "Testor's brand" paint marker (black) for about $4.50.  What I need to do now is "practice" doing this a little bit on white water-based paint on wood like the cupboard will be.  SO...

I have a nice wood stool in my studio and I sanded it and painted it white.  I am playing with possible designs for it.  The design above is WAY too complicated for this experiment but...it gave me some ideas.  

It is done on wc paper about 6.5" in diameter.  This was very fun to do!!!  Those of you following my blog will see me using some of my newer tangles in this one.  Including "Paradox" which I think I have finally mastered!  

No comments:

Post a Comment