Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Merry Christmas...a little early.


One of my demo pieces for fractured wc is going to be my Christmas card. This is just about as far as I will go on it before I start working with the fracturing...and I want to do that in class so folks will get a feel for how that works out. The class is a week from tomorrow. So I'll be putting this aside now for a week.

This is a little more complicated and detailed painting that I usually start with but I think it will work okay. If not, I am taking photos along the way!

Quin magenta is one of my FAV colors in watercolor. It has a wonderful sort of "burgundy" look about it...blends so well with Prussian Blue and Indian Yellow. All yummy colors. Everyone on here is made of those 3 colors although I did put touches of Aliz. Crimson on the holly berries to just get them a little redder. Since it is wc on canvas (not paper) the whole thing will be sprayed with clear acrylic spray at the end. No glass involved!

I plan to use stencils, stamps, and some variety of materials to make interesting textures as well as to "fracture". So keep tuned in. I'll have time to sort through materials to bring to share with the group. I also hope to have a little time to set up a chart with my favorite "triads" of color that the might choose for their paintings. That is important before they do anything else. Transparent colors work best of course.

Note: the original photo of the pretty burgundy candle holders was taken in SC at a garden center (with my sis and brother in law) last October. They had a Christmas section in the back and lots of neat things there. I often carry my camera into antique shops and gift shops and photo the window boxes, old teddy bears, and watering cans to add to paintings later.

No comments:

Post a Comment