Saturday, September 8, 2012

Teacher's bag


I found this nice bag (actually TWO matching bags) at a garage sale a few weeks ago (25 cents each). Perfect for keeping all my Zentangle stuff when I go off to teach a class.

I have my first one on Thursday. I have a lot of teaching experience but in Zentangle...zip. The thing about this method of pattern making is that everyone sort of works at their own speed. So if I have 7 gals all working at different speeds...ugh. SO...I think I am going to introduce "shading" and "beads with highlights" right away. Then when they get done early...they can go and do that little bit of "homework". I also will have books there for them to browse. But hopefully we won't get that far apart.

Getting things to look "shiny" is kind of fun in a tangle pattern.

The odd shaped striped "thing" is shiny. Can you tell?

This is the last of the samples.
They sure were fun to do.

And I think they will help me in explaining the way the "strings" and "tangles" work together. I found out when I taught my daughter-in-law the other day that many people don't have a clue how to "shade" anything. One does take some things too much for granted. So I am also going to leave some "pearls" and "donuts" for them to shade for homework too. It all takes a lot longer than one thinks. I have 3 Zentangles (with several patterns on each) to teach but I doubt if I really will get to all 3.

It never got above 53 here all day at the north woods lake...dark, wet, rainy...burrrrr. I got out some of fall sweaters out of storage. It says 65 and sunny tomorrow. So that sounds a bit better. I baked 3 huge pans of Pumpkin Bars for Church Fellowship today. GREAT baking day. House smells of cinnamon!

No comments:

Post a Comment