Monday, September 3, 2012

Tangled Up


I tangled two more examples in the larger format of 5.75" square so that I'll have quite a few sample patterns to choose from in the two workshops ahead this month. Auraknot is featured here and looks impressive. It has taken me a few tries to get that down pat.

I taught my daughter in law a short lesson this afternoon which was a good practice time. Watching the questions she had, the time it took her to do a pattern and the difficulty she had with the shading was very helpful. I sometimes forget that shading does not necessary come naturally to people if they haven't had any drawing for years and years. I may start out with a little shading lesson first of all before we begin! Trying to squeeze at least two Zentangles into the afternoon is going to be challenging. I must remember to add a few patterns like Knightbridge here (checkerboard) that is just plain easy. It lends confidence.

It amuses me that folks are sharing "string" designs online. How can one not have a plethora of ideas for strings? You can always do your initials! :-)

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! I was especially excited as I became a Great Aunt on Sept 1. My sister's first grandchild was born in San Francisco.
Liesl Louise lives in San Francisco and is adorable. Lucky us!

Fall is really here in the north woods now.
So these last 4 weeks will be filled with so many activities. Off to do some wc now.

No comments:

Post a Comment