Thursday, August 30, 2012

Small But Fun


This is a small gallery wrapped canvas about 9 x 11". On this canvas I used watercolor!!

The Outdoor Painters were gathered at Little Bohemia...a well-known restaurant in Manitowish Waters, WI. The restaurant's claim to fame is that it is the site of of the Dillinger Gang's epic shootout with the FBI AND the site of the Universal Studio's modern setting for Johnny Depp's portrayal of Dillinger in the movie Public Enemies. If you click on the link you can even see scenes from that event.

Of course we all were all over the lovely wooded lake front site painting in different locations. The lodge IS attractive and some people painted the building as it hasn't changed much outside from 1929. But me, wouldn't you know...I was attracted to the old garage with the old signs and a bale of hay! What first attracted me were 4 huge old oxen wagon gear from the old lumbering days that they had hanging up in the garage! (There's a name for them but I don't remember what that is.)

Anyway, it was warm and lovely, sunny and overcast both and we all had a great time. Three people sold their work off their easels...I was one of them. Go Ginny!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love Little Bohemia - such great food and atmosphere! Once again, I am so envious!!!! Congratulations on your sale - how exciting to sell right off the easel. Sounds like you are enjoying your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It such a reprieve to be able to read your post. It always makes me smile reading your comment about your sketches. You really have the passion for art. It can be easily seen in your works.
    gifts for europe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barb and Mia for your kind comments. I am glad that Barb has been here! How fun. I delivered the painting on Wed...as it had to be sprayed several times with clear acrylic spray (wc on canvas) and as a bonus I wired it for her. And thank you Mia for your kind words. I do indeed have passion for art...it has been one of the greatest joys of my retirement years!

    ReplyDelete