Saturday, August 4, 2012

Zoe Zentangle

I know, you think I have gone completely nuts now. But really...it's not my fault. I mean this stuff is out on the web. I swear. I did not invent Zentangle jewelry.

Click here to read more.

So right after I read this Zentangle jewelry blog and printed out how to make these darling little wood shaped pins (sand, seal, sand, paint, sand, tangle, seal, glue on pin backing) I come across Zoe at a garage sale for 25 cents. I mean she is disguised as Raggedy Ann, of course, but I saw right through that!!!

She is plastic, granted, maybe not quite as posh as a wood pin. But lo and behold she already HAS a pin backing on her! And practically no prep!

Two coats of white acrylic paint. Dry overnight. Tangle.
Then I sprayed the finished pin with acrylic clear spray and then gloss gel. Voila. Wear to the next Zentangle class or art reception. Might get some interesting conversations started???

I can hear Cynthia Vose laughing her head off.

1 comment:

  1. Ginny, I came across this while searching the web for some fresh Zentangle inspiration. I've gotta say, I never thought of doing a pin -- what a great idea! I only discovered Zentangle a few weeks ago and I can't stop experimenting with new ways to use it. I'm going to bookmark your blog so I can come back later and check out more of your work. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete