Saturday, August 11, 2012

Zentangle® Frame: classic style

I picked up this little 5 x 7 frame at a garage sale for $1 and tangled it last night in about half an hour. Unlike the more "light-hearted" white one posted before...I decided to leave this in natural wood and just do a more "classic" design.

This kind is not quite as much "fun" to do as one with more tangles on it. But I think it is a satisfying result.

I did it with a ultra fine Sharpie pen.
Then went back and "stained" in some shadows with Derwent Inktense colored pencils. I wet the colored pencil (bark color) lightly with water and gently teased out some staining effects. This should be permanent as the Inktense, once wet, becomes permanent and impervious to water.

They are an amazing pencil! I sprayed the whole thing lightly with clear acrylic spray just to be sure everything was set and waterproof.


No comments:

Post a Comment