Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mail from Australia! Lucky me!



I don't think I've ever had anything come directly to me from Australia. This is a first.

What happened was I got lucky and had my name drawn in a raffle held on line awhile back in conjunction with the promotion of Kass Hall's new book on Zentangles®.

The prize was a stamp designed by Rachel Greig of "Darkroom Door"...which specializes in art rubber stamps and photographic papercraft products. In Australia. Click here to see her website. She also has a Facebook page at facebook.com/darkroomdoor.


The stamp is really quite large and when you print it out it makes 6 blocks that look just like postage stamps. (see below for stamp itself).

Naturally, I filled each with a tangle.

I glued the stamp to an old block of wood. Not very fancy to be sure, but it's made to adhere to an acrylic block and I don't have one of those. So I made do. I think it will be perfect for keeping a little tiny piece of a tangle as a kind of quick inventory of my favorites. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment