Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Okay...one more time

Okay. These are the last 3 cards for the exhibit. Now I have a nice "cache" of those all set to go AND 3 framed watercolors for the easels.

The first two cards are "generic" and for sale and the last one is a birthday card for my 6 year old grandson, Mike. Well, he'll be six on October 6. So I can tuck that away for him after the art show.

I just have to finish cutting the glueing the artist's name tags. Voila. Then I am ready for Thursday night.

The drawing of the clothes pin just sort of "came to me" when I was messing around. I actually had to go out and get one off the line to draw it correctly. Who knew what one really looked like?


I kind of liked the idea of having something "real" in the painting against the "fantasy" of the Zentangles. It surprises you. I haven't done much with color in these as I really like the black and white best. But I used my Derwent Inktense pencil (color "Bark") for the clothespin and wet it just slightly to enhance the color and set it permanently.



No comments:

Post a Comment