Monday, August 27, 2012

Have a Heart


I started this a while ago but after dinner tonight I slipped into the studio and worked on it a big more. You know me...I pick up these things for 25 cents at garage sales. I have always liked these pretty boxes.

I gessoed the top and worked out some Zentangle patterns. I will have to spray it with several coats of clear varnish to set the graphite shading. I am wondering about then maybe a coat of gloss gel?

I am thinking I'll leave the center of the heart blank. It would be a great place for someone's name or "Happy Valentines Day" or "Love" or something like that. What do you think?
I also think I am going to HAVE to paint the rest of the box white. Don't you? It's kind of "cream" colored as it is. I do not plan to try to put any designs on the sides as I have found working on curved surfaces to be a real challenge.

I also signed up for a drawing class in November (down in FL) this week. And a Yupo wc class in March. More on that later.

Did I tell you I am thinking of doing "tangles" on my kitchen cupboards down in FL? I need to find some black and white check curtains (cafe style). Anyone see some, let me know. I'll draw out some of the plans and let you know how it looks.

Happy Labor Day everyone!


1 comment: