Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Zentangle Hat


You knew this was JUST a matter of time, right? That I would start to "tangle" my world? Well, here we go.

Florie was kind enough to order me a new hat for our Outdoor Artists Group that meets on Thursdays. A plain white hat. Plain? White? Uh oh.

It looked JUST like a blank spot for a Zentangle to me! Or a few of my favorites.

I sprayed the brim lightly with a matt acrylic spray first just to keep the inks from bleeding.

Then when I finished I did two more spray coats to help to waterproof it. This fabric took the ink very well and I was pleased that I could do some graphite shading on it. Well, we will see how this holds up.

I have started collected photos of how people use their Zentangles (shoes, walls, pianos, jewelry, motorcycle helmets, greeting cards, etc) as well as incorporating it into Zentangle-inspired art.

(Cool, windy and rainy in the north woods of WI today. I have a ton of company coming now over the next week. Sure hope it clears up soon. Not much posting for awhile. )



2 comments:

  1. Love this! What a great idea. Bet you get loads of people asking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great way to decorate shoes and hats both.
    I left it up north in WI and so now I am looking for another similar hat down here to tangle so I can show my friends how to do it.
    If you look around on my blog you'll see a pretty fancy apron I tangled too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete