Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Hour

Happy Hour
Well we are really down to the count down now...at this time next week we'll be in Fontana, WI (300 miles south of Lac du Flambeau.) The car will be packed TO THE HILT as it always is when we head toward our Florida home...how the sagging springs manage I'll never know.  "Most" of studio is packed now.  

We'll be busy all weekend helping out at the model train show in Hazelhurst.  Then on Monday I will be covering the windows in the studio and taking one last look to make sure I haven't forgotten something important.  Then we begin to bring all the porch furniture inside and it gets stacked in my studio AND then against the studio door.  So that ends that!  So what little happens art-wise from now to next Friday will be very little!  I always leave my sketch book out of course.  

My friend, Mary Warren, may recognize this bar from her trip to Boston a few years ago.  The watercolor itself was done a long time ago.  But today I resurrected it again and added some ink Zentangles to spice it up.  One of the patterns is called "track lighting" (see top left side).  Perfect for an upscale bar, right?  The big mirror behind the light has been tangled in some of my favorite "transparent" tangles like Paradox and Betweed.  I added tangles to the edge of the bar itself and a few other places.  One could go on and on..but it would be too much then.  Thanks Mary for your lovely photo reference.  You are THE best photographer!  Mary has a Flicker site to view more of her exquisite work!  

We wake up to 32 degrees most mornings now and we are at almost 85% leaf color in the north woods.  It's splendidly beautiful...I must admit that!  Greg and I are getting excited about our family time ahead and then our travels to the mountains the following week, in North Carolina!  I hope to post a few photos from my iPad.  If I can remember how!!!

The Happy Hour painting is fairly small 10 x 12 and is painted on freezer paper.  I kid you not!  I took the image off the freezer paper as a mono print AFTER I did the original on rice paper as a batik.  The batik is "okay" but the freezer paper was neat-o.  Go figure.  Hahahaha.  




1 comment:

  1. Nice moments...I really like your wedding pictures. It's a great collection. Thanks for the sharing. Photo Booth Rentals

    ReplyDelete