Thursday, September 20, 2012

Holiday Motifs

I give total credit to the fine Zentangle work of Margaret Bremmer and Pam Pincha-Wagener for inspiring me to the Zentangle art shown here.  Both have blogs that you can Google.  Margaret's blog is over to the right with the "blogs I follow".  Also Sandy Bartholomew's Zentangle blog. Sandy has authored a number of fine books on the subject!  

All of them think "outside the box" and give me ideas for things I might take years to think of myself!!!   

The tree trunk shape just made me smile and I had to try one of my own.  

The other two are more holiday motifs and would make darling cards, wouldn't they?  
The ornament-shaped Zentangle here is more my own idea though I think I have seen some real ornaments with tangles on them in my travels through the internet. 

 I do know that tangling on rounded surfaces is very difficult. So I personally would not attempt that. 

All the squares are 3.5" Canson Montval WC paper.  

1 comment: