Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day two of Gerald Brommer workshop

This design format is called "Shapes Within a Shape"
11.5" x 11.5" on 300# Arches paper

"Radiating Center of Interest"

"Compressed center of Interest" variation on a T format

The second day of Gerald Brommer's watercolor and collage class went so much smoother for me.

Gerald started out with about an hour lecture on about a dozen different design layouts to use for non-objective AND realistic paintings.  He had lots of examples.  

We spent the rest of the day experimenting with these.  I brought my own packets of tinted papers which included Gelli print, magazine scraps, as well the the papers I tinted yesterday in class.  Since I used red/orange combinations yesterday I wanted to try other colors today.  

I really like all 3 of these but probably the first one posted is my favorite.  We will get critiqued tomorrow morning so I'll let you know which ones Gerald liked.  

Only one more day for me, as I signed up for 3 of the 5 days.  But I feel I am getting a good workshop!
A good instructor!  


2 comments:

  1. I like the composition and flow of the first one. I like the colors in the third one. I am going to guess the papers are in the T shape and the two side panels are the watercolor. I like the paint over the collage in the second one. Of all three, I think the second required me to concentrate a little more on what was going on. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so appreciate of this thoughtful critique! I wish I had your email so I could respond. When I click on your name I get "google plus" which I am not a part of yet. and so I could not post a comment on your google plus page. Anyway…thank you for your interesting comments! I was thrilled to read them!

    ReplyDelete