Thursday, June 17, 2010

En Plein Air on Thursday


Do you see that on the ground? That is SUNSHINE! First we've seen here in the north woods of WI in about two weeks! Wow. We had like 20 people show up for en plein air today! Fair weather painters...that's us!

We painted at Cottages at Cardinals...a former resort now turned into beautiful north woods gift store in Woodruff, WI.

They also do still rent some cottages although the one I chose to paint (along with oil painter Ann Waisbrot from Marshfield) is not rentable any more. She did a honey of a painting and why I don't have a photo of her and her painting I haven't the foggiest. I feel terrible that I didn't take a shot of hers. I will email her and see if she'll send me one!

Several others did sketches and paintings of this derelict and deserted old cottage with the piney smells all around and tall wild yellow flowers popping up around it. Moss on the roof and all.

I have LOTS to do to finish it...any place you see orange is just the underpainting showing through. So I'll post it again in a bit when I have the details in it. GREAT morning. This was slightly larger than last week...11 x 14 on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment