Monday, June 21, 2010

Rose Edin's beautiful work!!!

I mentioned on a recent post that I was so fortunate to get a gift certificate to a class at Dillman's Resort this summer. And how I was like a kid in a candy store trying to decide which one to take!!!

I "think" I've made up my mind. Rose Edin is teaching the last week in September (which would be good timing for me too.) I was wondering if anyone has taken one her classes?

Her work is SO lovely! And I just read one of her "Watercolor Essentials" article in Watercolor Artist Magazine, August 2010. Her new book Color Harmonies is just out now and I think I'll get a copy!

I haven't read up too much but I am thinking she is a MN artist and winters in FL. Anyone know? I shall have to look over her website more for bibliography. I just wondered if anyone had taken a class. I don't want to wait to long to sign up because if she doesn't get a minimum, she'll cancel out. This is a gorgeous time of year in the north woods you guys! We'll be at peak color the last week in September!!!
The class will be Sept 26-Oct 1 (starts with a reception on Sunday evening and runs 4 days and then closes on Thursday with check-out on Friday morning). The cost is $490 for the workshop and $309 for the room Sun night through Thursday night (including one dinner). Box lunches are ordered out for lunch. Dinners on your own. They have small kitchens in the cottages, I believe or there are many nice restaurants in the Minocqua/Woodruff/Manitowish Waters area. See more info about the workshop here.







1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! That's a HUGE prize to win! I'm sure you will have a great time and will tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete