Thursday, June 6, 2013

Brenda's class Day 3 Continued....

In my sketchbook (permanent black ink and watercolor) 9 x 11

Photo reference

Both Joyce and Brenda teach about how to "adapt" photographs so that they do what YOU want them to do.  Do not be a slave to a photo says Joyce.  Brenda says "a camera has no brain.".  

Brenda's assignment here was to pick 3 items and do little thumbnails rearranging the items (in my case the lemonade stand, palm tree and the other tent) and put them in all different spots in the thumbnails until you find one that works best.  Then add some print to help "balance" and enhance the sketch.

Looking at my "sketch" I see it needs some more values (more darks in it).  But otherwise is a pleasing arrangement.  I think I should infer some people in it next time.  It is an outdoor fair scene.  People should be in it.  But for the sake of the quick assignment I just left them out.  

This street scene was from the Leesburg Art Fair the first weekend in March.  Here in Wisconsin cold and rain will continue for at least one more day (Thursday).  

We hope to clear off and have some sunshine on Friday and Sat here in WI north woods with temps "close" to 70.  
At this point I'll settle for that!  Seasonal Affective Disorder in June does not seem fair!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment