Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Diva's Challenge: Use the Grid squares to tangle

Grid # B-2 and Hollibaugh

Grids: E-3, A-2, D-1, F-4 and Kuke, Striping, Paradox, Bubble Bobble Blup
When ever I do a "two-pencil" string (as in the second Zentangle) my friend Roberta thinks that they look like studies for hats for British royalty to wear to weddings. I think she may have a point!!!  

And in the case of the "grids" chart...I have copied it  and pasted it inside the front cover of my tangle pattern book.  Really a clever way to look at grid designs.  I only used one grid design in the first one and then put 4 of them in the second one.  And of course each grid design as myriads of optional choices.  Boggles the mind.  

Weather is warming slightly in the north woods (for my weather watchers).  We will be in the 70s all week which is a joy.  Sunshine is optional on some days but will appear often enough to keep our spirits up...finally.  Looks like my En Plein Air group WILL get to paint on Thursday morning.  We got pretty much rained out last week but I was in Brenda's class and missed it anyway.  Mosquitoes are a BIG hazard especially right at the beginning of the season.  Then the black flies follow them!  Sigh.  So a big bottle of bug repellent goes with me everywhere.  We are going to a new location this spring called Marywood.  Photos to follow.

 

7 comments:

  1. Both of these tiles are lovely, and I just love this whole concept. Thanks for the idea of pasting the grids in the front of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and great tiles! I love the first one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great, but the 'Royal hat' is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tiles with some different ideas. You are right about the Royal hat, our wacky Royal princesses have a lot to answer to.... And now we have the summer season starting, watch this space...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! I can see the hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this one speaks to the design of one grid and how you can elevate from simple to beautiful! The second one is still running with the less is more and is very soft for a grid, just what I love!

    ReplyDelete