Friday, January 17, 2014

Hot Glue Stenciling

Mono print on copy paper with acrylic paint using hot glue stencils.

adding hot glue stencil prints to note cards (note first print and two ghost prints)

Using hot glue stencils is totally fun and easy when you have the right tools.  A hot glue gun and some parchment paper, a gelli plate, acrylic paint and a brayer.  (I used some strings on this one too.)

If you want to know how to do this (and I suppose not everyone does...hahaha) but IF you do, here is the video from Jane Davies.  Click here. She has wonderful online videos of all kinds of collage techniques and a DVD for sale too.  

Basically you just put the hot glue on the parchment paper in a design of your choice and let it cool slightly, then with another piece of parchment you press the hot glue stencils flat and when cool you peel them off.  Voila.  They re-use many many times!  

I am sure the cards could be embellished with bit of glitter or gold paint.  And another tri-color palette would be fun as well.  

If I used larger paper it would make wonderful wrapping paper!  You could easily do this on plain paper gift bags!  Wouldn't that be cool?  On envelopes of all sizes.  On the tops of stationery.  Let me know if you think of other places. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your work! I've made some similar! Take a look on my blog: http://arte-tatorigato.blogspot.it/2014/01/printing-experiments-part-i.html There are a lot of ways to use the hotglue gun stamps!!

    ReplyDelete