Thursday, March 9, 2017

Folding the Corner of the Page...

Field Guide
by Tony Hoagland

Once, in the cool blue middle of a lake,
up to my neck in that most precious element of all,
I found a pale-gray, curled-upwards pigeon feather
floating on the tension of the water
at the very instant when a dragonfly, 
like a blue-green iridescent bobby pin,
hovered over it, then lit, and rested.
That's all.
I mention this in the same way
that I fold the corner of a page
in certain library books, 
so that the next reader will know
where to look for the good parts.

-----------
I think that no explanation is needed with this poem.  But I wanted to include it today as it explains my goal with this blog which is to drop bits of what I see in life into it and share it with my readers "in the same way you fold the corner of a page in certain library books, so that the next reader will know where to look for the good parts".  

No comments:

Post a Comment