Friday, March 17, 2017

Just Words

Just Words 
by Tony Robinson

They are just words
Not hard things, like guns
Not precious, as gold
But ink on paper
Lines, this way and that
Or sounds invisible, vapors

Words – how many fly, fall, are carelessly flung in a day, in a minute
We are as wanton with words as the dandelion with its winged seed.
But just words are sometimes
The best we have
Sometimes all we have, 
And even all we need.

A right word
A true word
A sharpened word
A clean word
A graceful word

Is all we need

To create the world again.

Been working all week on "images", not words.  BUT today I am thinking about words again and words that describe my images and how I think about these images in words in my head.  And what words I put on my blog, my emails, my Facebook, etc.  How powerful shared words are.  (Think tweets by powerful people.) 
Or more the wonderful words like "I am proud of you" or "I love you" or "I like you" or as in Avatar.."I see you".  

Saw the movie Moonlight last night...an academy award winner and thought of how few words there were in it. And how the words that did exist were between people of a different ethnic group than me...sometimes almost shutting me out.  The then the power of image again and of silence and human compassion and the need for love.

I wish you good words today...graceful words, comforting words, and supportive words.  Happy St. Patrick's Day too!




No comments:

Post a Comment