Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy Fourth of July Everyone!  Hope your holiday is as much fun as our!  We have 4 of our 9 grandsons up to the cabin with us for the whole week.  WOW.  Gives meaning to my sketch yesterday afternoon down at the lakeshore of the waterbottles (4 kids and my hubby). 

I am playing here with water soluble graphite and  and aqua brush and well as my Cotman watercolor travel kit.  My hubbie is getting the boat ready to launch (it's about time) but it's been so cold up here in the northwoods that we really haven't had the incentive to want to be out on the water very much.  Gradually it is warming back up.  So there is hope for some tubing and fishing.  The boys have all been swimming (even though the water temp hovers around 70 which is too cold yet for me!)  

We are headed off to Minoqua this afternoon for the parade, the band concert in the park and a big picnic on the blanket there.  Then the ski show and the fireworks.  We all sleep well when the grandkids are around!  Have a great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment