Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Illustrating the Cookbook Part II


I worked on the cookbook again yesterday...and I actually found a very nice 3 ring notebook with a slide-in plastic cover (in purple of course) that will I think look nice and be practical so the bride and groom can add any recipes they get from other family members! When possible I include real photos of the finished dish or even of the ingredients or even of the person who gave the recipe or from whom the recipe originally came!  Boy those old photos are fun!  But then when nothing is available, then I watercolor and ink in something to make the page more interesting.  

One aside on this.  When I was in the grocery store this week,  I took photos of things I am going to paint.  The pork chops for instance.  Now try to image, if you will, doing your shopping and coming upon a women taking a close up photo of a package of pork chops!  Get the idea?  Then seeing her again doing a close up of the yellow cake mix on Aisle 4.  You'd steer clear of her, right?  :-)  

1 comment:

  1. I saved your recipes - they really sound delicious - can't wait to try them. I also like the way your are illustrating them.

    Hope the weather has improved in the north woods!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete