Saturday, March 30, 2013

Yupo Painting nears completion

Watercolor on Yupo (half sheet)

So I am now to the point in this painting where I need to sit with it awhile.  I see several areas that need some work but I need to think a little more about how to approach them.  I do plan a face or at least the shadows and suggestion of features on the woman.  I am pretty happy with the cars. Certainly no more needs to be added.  Rather some things might actually be taken away.  

Carol Ann Sherman says the picture is sort of "ghostly" as a ghost of the past appearing. This may suggest a title to me.  

I am waiting for Barb and Deb to give me a critique on this now.  Remember, this is Yupo, guys.  Transitions are more abrupt and colors are more opaque on Yupo. I am currently think of rewetting the entire shadow under the car and then "lifting" off several values back.  I think that shape is fighting with the car shape for dominance.

Beautiful day here in central FL...full sun and 77 degrees.  We are getting some clouds this afternoon now.  85 and sunny for Easter but then rain the rest of the week.  Boo hoo.  I have company coming!    

No comments:

Post a Comment