Monday, September 21, 2009

Center of Interest?


I had a little time this afternoon in the studio and so I teased a little more out of this acrylic painting. I am trying not to worry about being too realistic on this painting.  The whole scene appeared stylized to me when I saw it and I immediately wanted to try it.  And I wanted it in acrylic, not watercolor.  The forest floor, for instance, is of course not that pristine.  But I didn't want the texture to compete with the the canopy.  And I wanted those horizontal shadows to contrast with all those verticals.  

But now I wonder if I should do a "Robert Genn" and glaze the whole painting a light glaze of phalo blue and then go back and paint the center of interest.  AND what IS the center of interest?   I wonder if I need to push back the forest in the background.  The photo I took of it on the easel has truer color...for some reason the larger photo is grayed down a little. You can see the start of this on yesterday's post.  

1 comment:

  1. It's looking good, Ginny, but how does one create a center of interest in a painting of trees? Perhaps that front one that is different in that it's grounded in a different color/texture than the others? Hmmm...will be curious and watching how you do this one. Also, LOVED the train sketch. My husband and I combine hobbies (my painting, his photography) and so far we haven't been competitive because I'm not competitive!! It works for us and we enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...