Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good Grief...What am I Doing?

No, really, I haven't got a clue what I am doing.  My friend, Kendra, was up for a few days and I told her that I had received some very cool "touched up" photos from a friend in Florida.  She'd been using Photoshop to do them.  I've had Photoshop Elements 6 on my iMac since Christmas and only opened it once to register it.  Then never went back to look at it. (Hey when you've just switched to Mac you have a lot of other stuff on your mind!) 

Anyway, when I told Kendra this, she was was appalled.  SO much fun I am missing!  Well, obviously from the photo touch up above done in "sketch" in Photoshop I have a lot to learn yet.  I need lessons!  Hahaha.  Is there any good instruction online does anyone know? Otherwise I think I may sign up for some classes this winter.  I've been taking Apple lessons at the Apple store in Orlando but they don't teach anything that they don't produce themselves. So no photoshop there. I do have a book.  But then, you have to OPEN the book and read it. I've tried sleeping with it under my pillow but it doesn't seem to be working. 

Also I need to explore how I"ll use what I am doing here.  It's just slipshod digital art at this time.  But I mean perhaps it could be the inspiration for an interpretative painting?  I'll let you know as I play along here.  Are there any sites where I could see some of what other people do?  Should I sign up for Flicker and look there? 


No comments:

Post a Comment