Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentines

Today I began to put together some of my mono-prints and stamps and Washi tape to get my Valentines started.

Some of these prints are directly on the card.  But most of them are layered on deli paper with my Gelli plate (or ghost printed) and then when dried glued to the card with gel medium and pressed and dried under weights.

I have added some stamping to some of the cards and a few stencils.  I have a Happy Valentine stamp that I like so I am using it in various places. 

I am finding the Washi tape looks totally cool on the ENVELOPES!  

I have 12 grandchildren so that keeps me busy making Valentines!  I have to get started early!!! I like to have them in the mail by this Friday if possible.   

AND I am planning to try to work a small heart into all my Zentangles for my calendar up to the 14th.  There are quite a few tangles out there that have heart shapes in them.  Now where are they?  

Happy Super Bowl tomorrow AND Ground Hog Day!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun again - and hope your grandchildren and friends enjoy the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny...your display of valentines is wonderful - the colors and compositions are both working for me. I am very impressed with your use of mixed media and am intrigued with the deli paper. I think I am going to have to buy a gelli plate and deli paper. Your family will treasure these valentines forever.

    ReplyDelete